Makes 5 servings
- Rice cooker
- Small saucepan
- 7oz sticky rice, soaked overnight
- 12oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 6oz coconut sugar
- 2tsp salt
- 15g granulated sugar
- 14g rice flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 mangos, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Drain soaked rice and cook it in a rice cooker with about 12 ounces of water.
- Combine 3 ounces of the coconut milk with the coconut sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat. Stir while warming until salt and sugar are dissolved, then set aside.
- Pour coconut milk/sugar mixture over the cooked rice and combine with a spatula. Cover, and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining coconut milk, salt, and granulated sugar in a saucepan. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Combine rice flour with 3 tbsp water. Pour into the saucepan with the coconut milk while stirring. Return to a boil and set aside.
- To serve, spoon rice in a bowl, top with mango slices, and pour some coconut topping over it.
I got mixed results when serving to three adults, two children, and one toddler. Two adults and the toddler enjoyed it, particularly the sweet rice. The others didn’t like it and only wanted to eat the mango slices. This recipe gets a 5/10. I won’t be making it again.
Disclosure: Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links