Some websites make suggestions for what you should read next, like What Should I Read Next? or YourNextRead. There are also reading lists on Amazon and Goodreads. While these are good starting points, I would like a much more sophisticated recommendation system.
I would like to see a highly customizable reading list generator that:
- lets me choose how long the list is
- allows me to choose what types of books to suggest (limit to certain genres)
- lets me select a recommendation algorithm to use (e.g. using Amazon reviews, or using friends’ lists)
- allows me to include constraints to the list (e.g. only 5-star Amazon books, or only books with at least 1,000 reviews)
- lets me choose a list update frequency (e.g. update the list every year, or update it daily)
- lets me name a custom reading list and share it
- generates a plan or pace for reading everything on the list by a specified date.
An app that does all of the above would be very useful to me for creating a reading plan each year. I currently do this, but manually.
Do you like to plan your book reading habits? Or do you prefer to read whatever you feel like at the moment? Let me know in the comments.