You don’t have to limit your writing activities to the internet. Print publications like local newspapers, newsletters, and magazines also have audiences. Try submitting articles or letters to your favorite newspapers, newsletters, or magazines. When you do, see if you can also have your web address or blog name listed in your byline.
When deciding which print publications to submit your proposals to, go with the smaller, more local ones first. You will have a much better chance of getting published. Once you’re published and have some experience, try propositioning the larger publications.
Be willing to follow directions and learn. Remember, you are writing for someone else’s publication. You will have to work with their editors and write according to their specifications. The easier it is for them to work with you, the more chance they will let you write more articles for them.
If writing for a publication interests you, here are a few articles to get you started:
- How To Get Started Writing With Your Weekly Newspaper
- How can I get my Freelance Writing into Newspapers and Magazines?
- The 15-Step Freelance Writers’ Guide to Writing for Magazines
- How to Get Paid to Write for Magazines – The Ultimate Guide
- How to Write a Query Letter for Magazines and Other Publications
Want 130 more blog ideas like this one?I spent months researching the best blogging practices and resources and distilled everything down to these 131 actionable ideas. Blog Ideas is a compilation of the best modern blogging practices and resources. This book is packed with 131 ideas to supercharge your blog. You will learn:
- Where to find “green” hosting (idea #13).
- How to control where your readers look (idea #40).
- How to write irresistible headlines (idea #49).
- How to find the latest trends to write about (idea #70).
- The best locations to place your ads (idea #100).
- How to find the right affiliates (idea #106).
- How to find new ideas with Amazon search (idea #120).
Disclosure: Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links. You pay the same price, but Amazon tosses a few pennies my way.