Music can change the way your brain works.
Upbeat music can put you in a positive mood. Aggressive music can energize you for intense workouts. Calm, ambient music can help you sleep better. Dramatic movie soundtracks can give you inspiration. These are just some of the many ways music can enhance what you do.
Think about the aspects of your life that can benefit from a soundtrack that sets the mood. Here are a few ideas:
- Play inspirational music while you go about your morning routine.
- Play metal or rap music with fast, heavy beats for cardio workouts.
- Play jazz while cooking or eating.
- Play movie soundtracks while writing or working at your desk.
- Play soft ambient music or nature sounds before or while you sleep.
Experiment with different soundtracks for the various aspects of your day. Ideally, play the same soundtrack for the same daily activity. Once you get used to it, your brain will take the music as a cue to get in the zone of whatever you’re doing.