A backlink is a link on another website that points to your blog. If you want your blog to rank higher in search results, you need to have as many quality backlinks as possible. There are many ways to generate backlinks. Publishing your content on another website is one way to do it. Another way is to comment on other blogs. Share your content through all your social media channels. Put a link to your blog in all your online profiles.
Whenever you find a new way to get your link on another website, take advantage of it. But please respect the Terms of Service agreements on other websites and don’t be annoying. People will not visit your blog if they think you’re annoying.
Want 130 more blog ideas like this one?I spent months researching the best blogging practices and resources and distilled everything down to these 131 actionable ideas. Blog Ideas is a compilation of the best modern blogging practices and resources. This book is packed with 131 ideas to supercharge your blog. You will learn:
- Where to find “green” hosting (idea #13).
- How to control where your readers look (idea #40).
- How to write irresistible headlines (idea #49).
- How to find the latest trends to write about (idea #70).
- The best locations to place your ads (idea #100).
- How to find the right affiliates (idea #106).
- How to find new ideas with Amazon search (idea #120).
Disclosure: Links to Amazon.com are affiliate links. Same low price, higher Karma.