Why should we waste time sleeping? Here are three good reasons.
Below is an excerpt from Let’s Talk Sleep, by Adam Rush.
1. Good health. Studies show that too little sleep can lead to heart problems, diabetes, and obesity. So when you get consistent sleep, you reduce your risk of many ailments.
2. Better sex drive. A poll by the National Sleep Foundation showed that 26% of people have issues in their sex life due to the lack of sleep. They tend to suffer because they felt tired and exhausted throughout the day. Studies have also shown that men have lower levels of testosterone when they get less sleep.
3. Good mood. Getting too little sleep can put you in a cranky mood. Lack of sleep makes it difficult for you to control your emotions. That’s why reality television shows force their contestants to wake up early for challenges. It heightens the drama.
Not getting enough sleep puts you at risk for severe disorders like insomnia, anxiety, and dementia. So no matter how busy you are, always make sleep your priority. Sleep is a requirement, not a luxury. Focus on your sleep, and you will enjoy a healthier, happier life.
Want to learn more about sleep?
Do you want to feel energetic, sharp, and productive all the time? Do you want to look better, have better memory, and higher sex drive? Of course you do. Sleep is the solution. If you suffer from insomnia or sleep deficiency, this book will provide some tips, tricks, and hacks that can help you fall asleep faster and get better quality sleep. This book will teach you:
- The benefits of sleeping
- Why we sleep
- The stages of sleep
- How meditation and mindfulness can help you sleep better
- How to take advantage of your circadian clock
- Improving your sleep hygiene
- How sleep affects your hormones
- Foods, supplements, and hacks that can improve your sleep
- The best apps and products for quality sleep
Disclosure: links to Amazon.com are affiliate links