For those not wanting to eat so much red meat, this burger solves the problem by mixing in about 50% mushroom and bread crumb fillers.
- small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 0.5 tsp sage
- 0.5 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 buns
- In a mixing bowl, combine onion, mushrooms, beef, bread crumbs, sage, oregano, tomato paste, water, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture into 8 balls, approximately 100 grams each. Roll each ball in flour, then hand-shape into burger patties.
- Coat a large frying pan with oil. Cook the burgers on medium-high heat, about 7 minutes each side.
- Put the burgers together with buns, lettuce, tomatoes, mayonnaise, and ketchup. Serve.
Makes 8 burgers
Compliments from adults. Children only complained about the tomato.
Overall score: 8/10. I’ll make this again in the future.